Registration Form and Information for 9th Graders
- Review your scheduling options with a parent or guardian.
- Make sure to have a parent/guardian sign your registration form.
- Return your signed registration form to the office by March 3rd, 2023 (there will be a table outside of Missy’s window with a grade-specific box for you to place this in).
Progress Towards Graduation
Your credits toward graduation start counting in 9th grade so do your best! Students must repeat any required course for which they received a failing grade. Courses that have to be repeated may result in:
- students missing out on elective options
- being held back in core courses while your classmates advance on to the next one in the series (e.g. English 9 to English 10)
- students needing to enroll at the Area Learning Center in Thief River Falls during the summer or during evening sessions throughout the school year
- ineligibility for sports and other school activities
- postponed graduation
All of your senior high grades are recorded on a document called a ‘transcript’. Your transcript follows you throughout high school and beyond. It is reviewed by:
- The high school counselor and principal to determine if graduation requirements have been met
- College and/or military representatives to determine if you will be admitted
- Scholarship Committees
- Employers to determine if you are hireable (they are looking at your ability and work ethic)
Work Place Expectations
Your job is to be a student right now. In order to be successful on any job, there are common expectations that need to be met. Some of these include:
- Showing up on time and limiting your absences
- Being prepared and ready to work
- Proper communication (be respectful with your words…if you don’t understand something, ask…respond to requests in a timely manner…LISTEN…pay attention/take notes)
- Doing your work to the best of your ability and completing it on time
- Working well with others (teamwork and collaboration)